Architectural Conservation Division
Last Updated on Monday, 28 November 2011 07:18
- Conservation and systematic presentation of protected monuments and site monuments within archaeological reserves.
- Conservation, planing for presentation, implementation and supervision of ancient city centers
- Preparation of inventories of the Architectural Remains
- Preparation of Conservation Proposals
- Implementation of Conservation Works
- Preparation of Conservation Reports
- Management, Implementation and Supervision of New Constructions within the Archaeological Reserves and Lands
Service Provides to the public by the Architectural Conservation Division
- Examining the conservation requests from public and do the needful.
- Provide plans for religious places or other requested parties
- Provide information regarding ancient architectural creations to university and students and researchers.
- Adhere to laws of the antiquities ordinance when conserving architectural monuments.
Administrative Hierarchy of the Division
Major Projects done
- Conservation of Dambegoda Bodhisathva Statue - 1990
- Conservation of Mirisawetiya Dagaba - 1992
- Conservation of Sri Dalada Maligawa, Kandy after the bomb blast - 1998
- Conservation of Katuwana Dutch Fort - 2008
Major Projects on going
- Conservation of Jaffna Fort
- Conservation of Old Dutch Navy Commissioner’s building, Trincomalee
Major Projects to be Handled
- Conservation of Deegawapi Dagaba